AEA represents all APS employees — including instructional support employees and operational support employees. or many children, the first school person they see every day is their bus driver or Extended Day staff. Administrative Assistants can make students and their parents feel important, wanted, and welcome in their school. Instructional Assistants, who are often one-on one with the neediest of students, may know those children better than anyone in the school. Custodians are essential not only to maintaining a clean and safe environment, but also, they convey a sense of pride and caring for students as they carry out their duties. Food service personnel often provide students with their primary source of nourishment.
The important influence of educational support professionals in the education of students is becoming increasingly recognized and appreciated!
AEA members include…
- Transportation Professionals who ensure our students get to school, home and other places safely.
- Para-educators who provide your child with extra help in the classroom and library.
- Extended Day staff provide love and care before and after school hours.
- School nurses who teach students healthy habits and comfort your sick child.
- Language tutors who help students learn while preserving traditional ways.
- Food service workers who prepare and serve your child a warm, healthy meal.
- Sign Language interpreterswho empower deaf and hearing impaired students.
- Administrative & Office Asst. who make our schools run efficiently and effectively to enhance our children's education.
- Special education aides who help special needs children become independent learners.
- Technicians who keep computers and electronic systems in our schools operating efficiently.
- Custodians who work to keep schools clean, safe, and well maintained.
- Bilingual instructors who bridge cultures through language development.
- School saftey assistants who helo keep students safe.
- Physical plant and warehouse workers who maintain security, heating, lighting, and other systems so our children have a safe learning environment.