Join us on Tuesday, May 3, 7:00 pm (ET) to learn about the Limited PSLF Waiver, and how you can apply for PSLF. Register for our Public Service Loan Forgiveness Expert Briefing.
Benefits of Bargaining with or without a Law Discussion May 3 at 3:00 pm ET.
We are in the midst of a national educator shortage crisis on the heels of an unprecedented global pandemic. To make it worse, we are also in an environment increasingly hostile to public education and its employees. There is no better time to refresh our understanding of the fundamentals of collective bargaining and strong member advocacy and activism.
· Hear from affiliates in a variety of legal frameworks for bargaining including South Carolina, Colorado and Minnesota
· Discuss advocacy and collective action strategies that can leverage power for union wins
· Benefits and components of bargaining laws from right to strike to interest arbitration
Register Here for Benefits of Bargaining with or without a Law Discussion May 3 at 3:00 pm ET.
ESP Peer Mentoring Blended Learning Course. We're accepting applications from individual members and teams to participate in the new blended learning course,ESPs: Supporting Our Own Through Mentoring. The course will run for eight weeks, June 16 to August 11, 2022. Join us in building peer mentoring programs for education support professionals at all stages of their careers! Learn more at nea.org/espmentoringcourse and share this opportunity. The application deadline is May 11, 2022, 8:00 p.m. ET.
NEA Policy Forum – "Teacher Candidates and Compensation: Shifting Perspectives." Wednesday, May 4, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. (EDT). The NEA Teacher Quality Department is hosting its third in a series of virtual roundtables on Shifting, Rethinking and Creating the Schools We Need.
With a growing teacher shortage, some preparation programs and school districts are rethinking the role of teacher candidates. Are there opportunities for teacher candidates to be compensated while assisting schools and districts with supporting student learning and meeting their academic benchmarks? This discussion will illuminate the shifting programmatic and policy perspectives on compensating teacher candidates during their field experiences. Registration link.
· Melissa Tooley (facilitator), New America
· Beth Brown, Tennessee Education Association
· Dr. Jim Meadows, Washington Education Association
· Brittany Perreault, Michigan State University
· Dr. Jennifer Robinson, Montclair State University